Deborah consults to Trinity Law and is our “go-to” person for all things employment related. With a background in litigation she has been practicing almost exclusively in employment law since 2006, including a little bit of commercial litigation on the side. She has extensive experience working for employers in an advisory capacity and has an enviable success rate in representing both employers and employees in employment disputes. Deborah is also on the Industrial Relations Committee of the Law Society of Australian Capital Territory.
With a pragmatic approach to workplace issues, Deborah is known for her practical solutions to complex employment problems. She enjoys working closely with small business and assisting with workplace compliance issues, workplace conflict and employment disputes.
Outside work, Deborah’s life revolves around sport and washing – she is an involved “hockey mum”, basically runs a hockey club and is a transport service for three busy teenage children.
- Drafting employment documents including employment contracts, workplace policies and enterprise agreements
- Award coverage and application
- Statutory compliance
- FWO investigations and prosecutions
- Employee entitlements
- Termination of employment
- Unfair dismissal and breach of general protections matters
- Workplace bullying
- Managing ill and injured employees
- APS Code of Conduct matters